Friday, May 7, 2010

If only I could be useful. I once was something! But after a while…I noticed. Then lost my spiritual sight. I began to imagine what I might become, losing my spiritual availability. So like the gourd that grew up by the will of the Lord to comfort Jonah, my faith withered. Not by my hand but His.

"And the LORD God prepared a planta]">[a] and made it come up over Jonah, that it might be shade for his head to deliver him from his misery. So Jonah was very grateful for the plant. 7 But as morning dawned the next day God prepared a worm, and it so damaged the plant that it withered. 8 And it happened, when the sun arose, that God prepared a vehement east wind; and the sun beat on Jonah’s head, so that he grew faint." Jonah 4:6-8a (New King James Version)

I wonder why I have always missed the fact that God used Nineveh to demonstrate to Jonah HIS GREAT MERCY. The great prophet of God making himself unavailable to the I AM. I've mocked & jeered Jonah; yet, Jonah has nothing on me in 2010. I am more able to ignore the the hand of Gods discipline while the "east wind" calls to me to come to my senses. Will my story end before repentance springs forth in my life.

1 Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God! 1 John 3:1 (NKJV)



No comments:

Post a Comment